Sunday, September 28, 2008

talking bird

I passed beside a popular mall south of the city in Ecoland Subdivision when 'someone' hooted a mischievous whistle. I looked around but saw no gorgeous figure or unusual scenario, except for a small, unassuming fastfood restaurant nearby with cages full of chirping lovebirds, and on a separate cage, that bird.


Ah, that bird. It was a black Mayna. Months ago I passed by the same area and I really suspect it was that bird who suddenly called "pangit!" In vernacular it meant ugly. Look who's talking. Frankly, it startled me that such an, er, honest-looking creature could chirp a little lie.


This bird needs a 'truthful' lesson or two. So I decided to have my lunch there and quietly waited for its reaction. Strange, it didn't dare say the 'p' word, must be my 3/4 sleeve striped white polo and sunglasses. After finishing a hearty meal, I approached it determinded to teach, yeah even this creature, the moral value of speaking trusty words; I demanded, "say pogi" (handsome).


To which the extremely smart, intelligent, amazing, astonishing bird replied:

"Pogi-pogi-pogi-pogi-pogi!!!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe very funny sir

Anonymous said...

chanced upon your blog while browsing for distances in davao city, hoping to see any updates soon!

jo but u can also call me Anonymous